Become a Patient:321.841.7141
Our Clinic Number:321.841.7218
Finding out you have cancer can be frightening. It isn’t long before you may begin to think of the pain and quality of life you will have during your cancer treatment. That is why MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando created the Palliative Care Center. We are committed to making sure that no patient suffers from avoidable pain or discomfort
- Our center averages 235 new inpatient consults and over 1,600 outpatient visits annually.
- We are the only physician-led palliative care center in Central Florida for non-hospice palliative care.
- In 2000, The Palliative Care Center at MD Anderson – Orlando received the Templeton Award for Spirituality.
- Our center received the Certificate of Recognition for Circle of Live Award.
- In 2006, Dr. Chad Kollas, medical director of Palliative and Supportive Care, received the Annual Assembly of American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) Paper Award.
- In 2010, Dr. Chad Kollas is the Chair for the American Medical Association’s (AMA) Pain & Palliative Medicine Specialty Section Council (PPMSSC). The PPMSSC is part of the Specialty and Service Society (SSS), the largest caucus within the AMA House of Delegates.