Orlando Health has once again been selected as an “Employer of Choice®” by The Herman Group, industry consultants and experts on employee retention and workplace trends, and authors of the book, How to Become an Employer of Choice. Orlando Health has held the Employer of Choice designation since 2005, after successfully completing the rigorous application and evaluation process, and has earned the credential once again for a two-year period after demonstrating a dedication to team member relationships that go above and beyond normal human resources practices. Organizations earning the Employer of Choice® designation qualify by scoring among the top 10% of employers in each of the following categories:
- The Company - A conveniently located company that provides a comfortable safe work environment and has a good reputation in its community.
- The Culture - An employee-centered culture that values internal customers as much as external ones.
- Enlightened Leadership - Non-authoritarian enlightened leadership that provides vision and direction, along with being open and accessible.
- Care of People - A demonstrable caring for the health and well-being of its people by looking for ways to make employees’ lives easier and less stressed.
- Growth & Opportunities - Opportunities for growth and development are provided by the company in the forms of education, mentoring, cross-training and cross-experience.
- Meaningful Work - Meaningful work is provided to the employees and they have ample opportunity to understand how their work contributes to the bottom line of the company.
- Compensation & Benefits - Competitive compensation and a variety of benefits that have a high perceived value to the workers.
- Making a Difference - Making a difference in the community and in the world; a good corporate citizen, whether supporting local causes or reaching out to the global community in need.
- Employee Loyalty - Employee retention and leadership development are high.
- Performance Results - Organization achieves/exceeds its strategic and financial goals.
“We are very pleased to once again be selected as an Employer of Choice,” says Nancy Dinon, vice president, Human Resources. “Orlando Health continues to offer a work environment where our team members care about each other just as much as they care for the needs of our patients and their families.”