Dear Prospective Teenage Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in the Orlando Regional Medical Center Teenage Volunteer (TAV) Program. This application contains everything you need to start a very rewarding career as a volunteer. Please take a moment to read the following questions to be sure this program is right for you.
- Am I at least 15 years old?
- Am I currently enrolled in high school and maintain a “B” (3.00) average or higher?
- Am I willing to complete a screening process that includes a criminal background check, drug screening, three recommendations from one (1) guidance counselor and two (2) teachers, a tuberculosis skin test (TST), and three (3) hours of new volunteer orientation?
- Am I willing to commit with one (1) full session (spring, summer or fall) of volunteer service?
- Do I have reliable transportation to and from the hospital?
If you have answered YES to all of the above questions, please complete the Teenage Volunteer Application in full.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
MANDATORY: Your report card with weighted GPA should be sent the same day as your application to:
What’s next? As soon as your completed application and report card with weighted GPA is received, you will be called to set up your personal interview.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Orlando Health. Your interest, caring and commitment are greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 321.843.2193.
Ivelisse Babá-Portalatín, MA
Fall – September 29 to December 14, 2013 (11 weeks)
Applications will be accepted through Monday, June 3, 2013
Spring – January 26 to May 17, 2014 (16 weeks)
Applications will be accepted through Monday, November 11, 2013
Summer – June 15 to August 9, 2014 (8 weeks)
Applications will be accepted through Monday, April 7, 2014
Fall – September 28 to December 13, 2014 (11 weeks)
Applications will be accepted through Monday, June 9, 2014